Our consulting phase involves a thorough evaluation of the health care provider’s operation, outpatient makeup and goals for a 340B program. Typically it covers:
- Number of sites, services provided at each, number of encounters at each
- Payor mix (in general and by site)
- Current pharmacy arrangements and practices
- 340B goals: drug discounts, revenues, expanded services
- Existing resources for tracking drugs dispensed and dollars exchanged
Consultations usually involve face-to-face meetings and site visits, so we can gain a true understanding of your organization and community. Visits with current or prospective pharmacy partners are also recommended.
Not just a vendor, your partner
Our strategy is to customize your 340B program through a combination of technology, shared perspective and personal attention. We know the challenges you face, and we want to simplify the process for you and your pharmacy partner(s).
Each client is assigned a dedicated representative – someone who is always directly available by email or phone. No call centers, no automated response systems, no anonymous email addresses. Well, there is one – just in case you need it: 340Bsolutions@hhhn.org.
The implementation plan includes:
- Summary of existing programs
- Organizational review report
- Financial modeling for potential 340B programs
- Sliding fee prescriptions
- Opportunities to utilize 340B medications
- Capturing commercially insured prescriptions
- Detailed list of requirements from potential pharmacy partners
- Step-by-step implementation outline
Implementation proceeds in four steps:
- Consultation visit and feasibility analysis
- Execution of Hudson Headwaters Management Service Agreement
- Our 340B team guides you through the implementation process to completion (including assistance with the execution of Pharmacy Services Agreement(s) and registration with the Office of Pharmacy Affairs)
- We begin processing scripts and generating reports